Sunday, November 3, 2013

Paris Celebration

In honor of turning 150 years old, Paris celebrated their sesquicentennial in good old fashioned pioneer style.  They began the celebration with a stellar musical program about the history of the Bear Lake Valley.  The program was held in the beautiful Paris Tabernacle. 
 

 
 








 

The next day we had all these fun events to participate in.  
  

Candle Making


Horse Shoe Nail Rings

Candy Cannon

Axe Throwing


Homemade Raspberry Ice Cream

A Wagon Ride

My aunt and mom shared so much with everyone in our wagon about the history of the homes as we rode around town and someone in our wagon brought along his harmonica and played a few songs for us as we pulled back into our stop.     


Later that evening we had a BBQ out on the tabernacle lawn. 
 
It was such a fun day. 
 
I sure am grateful for my pioneer heritage that settled the Bear Lake Valley 150 years ago.  My family and I are who we are, in part, because of them, and I send them all, wherever they may be, an ardent Thank You. 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment