Sunday, March 2, 2014

spring is just around the corner

I don't know about you, but this time of year I get pretty darn tired of the cold.
Now, I know we don't live in Siberia or someplace where snow is still on the ground in July,
but we were kind of hoping that St. Louis would be a little warmer than what we have experienced.

Of course, they tell us that this is an unusual winter... 
Probably, the coldest and snowiest winter in 20 or 30 years....

But I sure am tired of seeing this out my window. 


Today, we have the above covered with a little snow. 
It is raining ICE out there, I kid you not,
and church was cancelled again.



Due to the total lack of color out doors,
I  decided to remember Spring. 

 



And doing so reminded me that
It Is just around the corner. 

 

 

And will bring forth life
in all its "wondrous variety".


And those pictures reminded me,
that I have always loved to garden. 
Gardening feeds my soul.


And that reminded me,
that I started out gardening in my parents back yard. 
I got a little spot of land in the corner of their garden to plant flowers. 

 
 
Peggy Rae, my old cocker spaniel, was my gardening companion.
She was the best of company and would lay out there with me for as long as I worked.  We would have wonderful conversations ;)  Once in a while, I would have to move her little chubbiness because she would plop down on a plant. 
What a good companion she was. 
I love Peggy Rae. 
And I loved that garden. 
 

Since that time, so long ago, the garden has become a mixture of vegetables and flowers and trees.


 It brings forth life,
in all its "wondrous variety"
 

And those pictures reminded me, again, that
Spring Is
Just,
Around the corner.












No comments:

Post a Comment