Tuesday, March 11, 2014

bend in the road


"When I left Queen's my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road.
 I thought I could see along it for many a milestone.
Now there is a bend in it.
I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does.
 It has a fascination of its own, that bend."

- Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
 
 
I saw this "bend in the road" everyday I walked home from school and,
being the wonderful of Anne of Green Gables fan that I am, 
always thought of this quote.  Always.  Still do.
It gave me hope.  Every single day. 
There was something ahead. 
Something that I couldn't see,
but I knew it would be wonderful. 
 
 

 What do you think of the bends in your roads?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have a poem i wrote called, "The Bend In The Road" . I will try to find it. Of course I think its pretty awesome. LoL! But you may enjoy it as well.
    Bends in the road are SCARY, EXCITING!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does everyone have to copy some numbers down to be able to publish a comment and show THEY ARE NOT A ROBOT?? Or is it just one of those strange and freaky things that happen to Torri? LoL xo

    ReplyDelete