Thursday, March 20, 2014

lucy moments

I allowed Hannah and Caleb the autonomy to make something all on their own while I was working on a moving project. 

I figured they would most likely choose cookies. 
Something sweet and something we have made about a hundred times together.  
Something they could easily do on their own.

Oblivious to me, they chose bread. 
Whole. Wheat. Bread. 

I have to admire their initiative but, man, that wasn't what I was thinking about when I walked into the kitchen and saw this.


They seriously said that this mound was their bread dough rising. Seriously.

The entire kitchen floor looked like this.

Hannah compared our situation several times to the I Love Lucy episode where Lucy and Ethel make bread. 
Can you remember that one? 

I told her yes, she and Caleb had had a Lucy moment.  A big Lucy moment.   

They helped me scrub that kitchen down.

And then we salvaged that "dough" by adding some water and a little elbow grease.

We kneaded it into a loaf and two bears.

And baked it.


And then we sat down and ate that delicious homemade bread and laughed about our very own Lucy moment.


What about you, have you had a favorite "Lucy Moment"?














No comments:

Post a Comment