Monday, March 10, 2014

Fitz's


This weekend, we finally took the kids to the famous Fitz's.
This restaurant and their soda pop are a "St. Loui" tradition that we had to make sure and experience.


The restaurant is on Delmar St. down by Washington University. 
This area of town has so many beautiful old buildings. 

We even passed a Church of Scientology on the way. 

I wonder if Tom Cruise was visiting?
 
If he was,
I would have loved to have stopped in for that free personality test.

Of course, once we got to Fitz's we had to start out with a drink.

Hannah and Caleb ordered Cardinal Cream.
 
Key Lime for me.

Matthew's came in a frosted mug and was bottomless.

He chose Orange and then Black Cherry, twice.

 Look at that slush in there! 
 

While we waited for our food we checked out how Fitz's bottles their soda.

Syrup and carbonation go in.



Then, they are flipped and mixed.

 
And finally labeled.

 
The food was yummy. 

Hannah ordered fried ravioli which is another traditional "St. Loui" food. 

 
Several frosted mugs later...... 
we hiccupped, rolled out of our seats, and said good bye to Fitz and his soda.
 


Just a few more stops to go on our "St. Loui" bucket list.
 












1 comment:

  1. WoW I am really impressed!! I want to go there. Now Hannah, FRIED RAVIOLI, really? I have never, in my half way to 90 years, heard of that!! Honestly was it really any good? Did u get heart burn? Did it make you want another Soda Pop? What did everyone else try? I really liked my baby brothers frosted mug. We do that here with our drink mugs. Just freeze the glass and when u want a cold drink you poor it in and u dont even need an ice cube. Well Nubers another hit with Old TK!! Keep up the blogging, you have moved to the top of my daily reading list!!! xo

    ReplyDelete