Thursday, January 30, 2014

3:00 Snack Attack


Man, we have been trying to eat better, but my sweet tooth sure gets the better of me around 3:00 p.m.

Sometimes we make these yummy purple smoothies. 

We just throw in some spinach, frozen berries, a little orange juice, a splash of vanilla, a squirt of Agave Nectar, and a banana. 

Blend it all together and Voila!

 
They are really good, but a person needs a little chocolate now and again.

We recently discovered this wonderful recipe for Granola Bites and use it as a substitute for chocolate chip cookies.  You might say, come on, a substitute for chocolate chip cookies, yeah, right, we are talking cookies here.  But they really are pretty darn good.  I mean, even Matthew likes this recipe.  And if Matthew gives them the thumbs up, there has to be something to them.

 So.....

In a large bowl, stir together
1 1/2 C. oats
1/2 C. crisp rice cereal
1/4 C. ground flaxseed
1/8 C. whole wheat flour
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips



In a separate bowl, stir together
1/2 C. no-stir natural peanut butter
1/4 C. honey

Then combine all the ingredients and stir until well-combined.
I usually end up using my hands to mix everything together.

Form the dough into 1 inch balls. 
If the dough is a little too sticky, refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow it to stiffen.

Store the leftovers in the refrigerator.


We added pistachios to a few.  They were yummy too but I think we prefer them without. 

Our 3:00 snack attack is now guilt free....Kind of.



Try them.  I bet cha like them. 




1 comment:

  1. Hannah I think it is great that you are all eating healthier but, I think I'll stick to real cookies thank you. It is good to see all that you are doing. Keep posting I love them.

    ReplyDelete